Jo Hyun Jae (조현재) Joining Hwatu/Empress Qi/Gi? Yes, Please!

I could watch anything with my man in it. Although admittedly I haven’t been able to bring myself to finish that Ad drama where he played the second lead. What irk me the most is that I’m watching lots of dramas but I don’t have the freaking idea who the male lead in that drama is. I was like, ‘Who is that’? ‘Huh’?

So, I’m dying for a new drama where I could root for Jo Hyun Jae and the female lead in earnest. Then I learned the happy news from Ms. Koala that Jo Hyun Jae might be joining the cast of Hwatu as the second male lead.

I know it’s another second lead role but this time around the male lead is Joo Jin Mo. Yes, Joo Jin Mo!

You don’t know who Joo Jin Mo is? Okay, in that case I don’t think explaining his resume will help you to get the picture. No matter how much I love Jo Hyun Jae I think I have to be objective enough in saying that Joo Jin Mo is the bigger name here.This is him in all his rugged glory:

And since this Hwatu is about the Empress Qi/Gi, I know for sure that Jo Hyun Jae’ll get the girl because he’ll be the Emperor, the Toghun Temur Khan, right?

I don’t know how the script will be written or how will they play the love line between the leading lady (Ha Ji Won) who will play Gi Jao a Korean girl who is sent to Yuan Dynasty then later become the Empress Qi/Gi and Joo Jin Mo who will play one of the worse Kings in Goryoe, King Chunghye.

Seeing how the Emperor made this nobody into his Empress it meant that he loved her dearly. Definitely more than any women in his palace even his own first Empress.

That’s what I want to happen between Jo Hun Jae and Ha Ji Won in this drama. It goes without saying they are the OTP that I want to see on my small screen.



Although Joo Jin Mo/King Chunghye is the male lead, I more than welcome him to all the women in his palace – and leave my OTP alone. And the history does say he did indeed welcome himself to every woman there.

I find this drama is interesting – okay, I do find it interesting now after hearing the rumour about the possibility of Jo Hyun Jae joining the casts – because I want to see how will they portray these three historical figures who are not loved by the Korean people. What twists are they going to use to make viewers root for them.

I don’t mind the twisting in the historical drama, as long as the major facts remain. For example Lady Wu, the First Empress which I watched because I love the leads.

In this drama they turned Alyssa Chia into a bubbly, innocent, nice girl which is totally absurd because in reality nobody like that could become an Empress.

You need some one who is shrewd, tough, and brilliant enough to defeat their enemies and not balking at the thoughts of killing few dozen people to get to the top. Or powerful men behind you like an Emperor who loves you more than anything else.

But with the team that produced Giant (which by the way I totally love, gosh what an epic beautiful giant that drama is) behind this drama I have a high hope that they will not turn Ha Ji Won into a sweet bubbly thing. Nor Jo Hyun Jae into a loved sick Emperor although he loves her dearly.

On the other hand, Joo Jin Moo the male lead could be as villain as imaginable. Hopefully, even more evil than our villain Jo Phil Yon in Giant. I’m looking forward to seeing another epic journey like Giant.

*praying that it’ll be epic and not a giant disappointment*

ps.
To those who have power in this drama please give Jo Hyun Jae if he takes the role as the Emperor some hair. Please, please, please. You need to create your own hair style for the Yuan Emperor here. This is the twist that I’m sure the future viewers of this drama are praying day and night. It would be pure torture to see one of the male leads with hideous hair do for 60 episodes.

Comments