New Favourite Reality Show: KBS My Neighbour, Charles ( 이웃집 찰스 )


I'm not that big on reality show but I found myself attracted to this one. My Neighbour Charles is quite interesting and very educating for those who want to learn more about Korea, its culture, custom and language.


Living in a foreign country is never an easy thing particularly if their culture and language are completely different than yours. Misunderstanding, miscommunication and misperception are bound to happen. 


I love seeing how those foreigners in My Neighbour Charles try to master a very hierarchical language then struggle to conduct themselves in an even more hierarchical society.

Heartaches and frustrations are guaranteed. Laughter is a bonus when you can still find something to laugh about when you are clearly out of your depth and the butt of the jokes.


Love it.

Comments